Friday, February 27, 2009

Signature Suites

If you have ever wondered where celebrities can go for healthcare, ponder no longer.  Hospitals have special places for those who can afford the finest life has to offer.  My workplace, for example, has an entire floor called Signature Suites, where the rich and famous can have upscale amenities during their stay.  Honestly, it looks nicer than almost every hotel I've ever been in.  

How was I even privileged enough to catch a glimpse of such surroundings, you may wonder.  Well, I know people who know people who have powers to buzz us into the unit via the super secret, video surveillanced elevator.  All I needed was a sap story about being on orientation, which was totally legit.  

Anyway, imagine personal computers, fancy bed linens, flat screen tvs with dvd players and lounge areas for family members right in the hospital room.  Carpeted floors.  Granite countertops.  Marble tile in walk in showers.  And from what I hear, the food choices are close to gourmet.  

It was definitely eye opening for me to see the two worlds that exist in healthcare.  In one, every resource is available without question.  In the other, nurses and patients practically have to beg for supplies and extra comfort measures, for example radios, fans, and decent smelling bath products.  How is this fair?  *Sigh*

No comments: