Friday, December 19, 2008

Nursing Myself

It is, in my opinion, much easier to be someone else's nurse than to be my own.  This past week has been potentially one of the most stressful ever, making my "welcome home" week seem more like it should be a "why did I decide to do this again?" week.  I've dealt with taking care of Dad and also with changing my residency status.  I've dealt with messes and have cleaned some up.  However, last night I began making messes too.

Someone, somewhere tried to poison me.  I seriously thought I'd end up in the ER, as I was purging fluids in almost every possible way -- crying, sweating, puking, and you can only imagine the rest.  It's really hard to take care of yourself through that.  My thoughts were "How far do I have to crawl to get my cell phone?" and "I could drive myself to the ER, right? Ok, maybe not." and "Damn, the bathroom floor feels soooo good.  This should totally be a therapeutic option for my patients!"  After much reflection, I've come to the conclusion that I'm not ever allowing all of my people to leave town at once again.  You all are jerks for leaving me here by myself!  :-<

just kidding....kinda   

1 comment:

magicdaisy said...

that is exactly why we left. to run away from you. ha!